You are not connected to the Portland Community College Library network. Access to online content and services may require you to authenticate with your library. Remote Access
Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Genre/Form:||Problems, exercises, etc|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Joanna M Burkhardt; Mary C MacDonald; Andrée J Rathemacher
|Description:||xi, 138 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.|
|Contents:||Information explosion --
What is information? --
Getting ready for research --
The chain of information --
Issues of the information age --
Books and catalogs --
Periodicals and databases --
The Web and scholarly research --
Other tools for research --
The paper trail project --
|Responsibility:||Joanna M. Burkhardt, Mary C. MacDonald ; with Andrée J. Rathemacher.|
Covering the basics of planning, collecting, and evaluating, each of the 50 standards-based exercises in this book address one or more of the ACRL Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education and promote conceptual and applied skills via active learning, problem-based learning, and resource-based learning.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Information literacy -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Problems, exercises, etc.
- Information resources -- Evaluation -- Study and teaching (Higher)
- Research -- Methodology -- Study and teaching (Higher)
- Electronic information resource literacy -- Study and teaching (Higher)
- Computer network resources -- Evaluation -- Study and teaching (Higher)
- Internet research -- Study and teaching (Higher)
- Library orientation for college students.
User lists with this item (15)
- Things to Check Out(47 items)
by toussaint2 updated about a month ago
- Things I want to read....(180 items)
by loenglish updated about 22 hours ago
- Pedagogy - Professor's Corner(58 items)
by cenm1929 updated 2013-04-04
- Informationskompetenz - Information Literacy(5 items)
by tsefai updated 2012-12-17
- Things to Check Out(3 items)
by firstname.lastname@example.org updated 2012-12-11