Find a copy in the library
Find it in libraries globally
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Awards:||Shortlisted for Guild of Food Writers Awards: Food Book of the Year 2009.
Commended for Andre Simon Memorial Fund Book Awards 2008.
Runner-up for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2009.
|Description:||xiv, 384 p. : ill., map ; 25 cm.|
|Contents:||German ham and English pickles --
Jug of wine, a loaf of bread --
Government mustard --
Pink margarine and pure ketchup --
Mock goslings and pear-nanas --
Basmati rice and baby milk --
Epilogue: Adulteration in the twenty-first century.
British food writer Bee Wilson's new book Swindled could not have been published at a more timely moment. Subtitled The Dark History of Food Fraud From Poisoned Candy To Counterfeit Coffee, it's a
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Swindled: The Dark History of Food Fraud, from Poisoned Candy ...
Review of Swindled: The Dark History of Food Fraud, from Poisoned Candy to Counterfeit Coffee by Bee Wilson in 2008 published by Princeton University Press (Princeton & Oxford).
Reviewer: Dr W. P. Palmer
I very much enjoyed this book, which I purchased to see what it added...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Food contamination -- History.
- Food industry and trade -- History.
- Food contamination -- History
- Food contamination -- Prevention
- Food industry and trade -- History
User lists with this item (6)
- Things to Check Out(72 items)
by fielden updated 2012-10-13
- ILL Future List(500 items)
by sankeym updated 2012-11-13
- Food around the world(15 items)
by amyvecchione updated 2012-05-17
- Food Investigation Paper (ENG 101)(17 items)
by eandreja updated 2011-10-10
- New Books June 2009(132 items)
by ColumbiaBasinCollegeLibrary updated 2010-06-07