You are not connected to the Portland Community College Library network. Access to online content and services may require you to authenticate with your library. Remote Access
Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Joy Luck Club.
New York : Putnam's, c1989
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||0399134204 9780399134203 0804106304 9780804106306|
|Description:||288 p. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||Feathers from a thousand Li away --
The twenty-six malignant gates --
American translation --
Queen mother of the western skies.
In 1949, four Chinese women--drawn together by the shadow of their past--begin meeting in San Francisco to play mah jong, invest in stocks and "say" stories. They call their gathering the Joy Luck Club--and forge a relationship that binds them for more than three decades. A celebrated novel in the tradition of Alice Adams and Margaret Atwood from the bestselling author of The Kitchen God's Wife.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Women -- Societies and clubs -- Fiction.
- Reminiscing in old age -- Fiction.
- San Francisco (Calif.) -- Fiction.
- Chinese American women -- Fiction.
- Mothers and daughters -- Fiction.
- Loss (Psychology) -- Fiction.
- Female friendship -- Fiction.
- Mothers -- Death -- Fiction.
- Chinese Americans -- Fiction.
User lists with this item (24)
- Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge(307 items)
by hguthrie updated 2013-02-13
- Books with movie tie ins(25 items)
by richlandlibrary updated 2013-01-24
- CCC RD 090 Fiction - Baker(61 items)
by clacklib updated 2012-10-08
- Things to Check Out(174 items)
by caren.lamblin updated 2012-09-18
- Erin's faves(18 items)
by emcdaniel3 updated 2012-04-10