You are not connected to the Portland Community College Library network. Access to online content and services may require you to authenticate with your library. Remote Access
Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Kant Patel; Mark E Rushefsky
|ISBN:||9780765616616 0765616610 9780765616623 0765616629|
|Description:||xiii, 293 p. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||The American health care system: separate and unequal --
African Americans and health care --
Hispanics and health care --
American Indians, Alaska natives, and health care --
Gender and health care --
Children and health care --
The elderly and health care --
Geography and health care --
Conclusions: health and inequality reconsidered.
|Responsibility:||Kant Patel and Mark E. Rushefsky.|
"The present book focuses on health care disparities. ... The United States has a wonderful health care system, especially in terms of its capabilities. But it is not equally available to all. It is an expensive system and highly fragmented. Although it works for many of us, it does not work for all."-Preface.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Minorities -- Medical care -- United States.
- Health and race -- United States.
- Discrimination in medical care -- United States.
- Equality -- Health aspects -- United States.
- Medical policy -- United States.
- Healthcare Disparities -- United States.
- Health Policy -- United States.
- Health Services Accessibility -- United States.
- Health Status Disparities -- United States.
- Minority Groups -- United States.
- Socioeconomic Factors -- United States.
- Nationale Minderheit.