You are not connected to the Portland Community College Library network. Access to online content and services may require you to authenticate with your library. Remote Access
Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||307 p. ; 20 cm.|
Caught between the pressure to succeed in America, her duty to their family, and her own personal desires, Kimberly Chang, an immigrant girl from Hong Kong, learns to constantly translate not just her language but herself back and forth between the worlds she straddles.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Chinese fiction -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Women immigrants -- Fiction.
- Chinese American teenagers -- Fiction.
- Mothers and daughters -- Fiction.
- Chinese -- New York (N.Y.) -- Fiction.
- Immigrants -- Fiction.
- Chinese Americans -- Fiction.
- Teenagers -- Fiction.
- Mother-daughter relationship -- Fiction.