Find a copy in the library
Find it in libraries globally
|Genre/Form:||Young adult fiction
Dust jackets (Bindings)
Authors' autographs (Provenance)
|Material Type:||Fiction, Secondary (senior high) school|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780525478812 0525478817 1451740832 9781451740837 9781480649705 1480649708 9780142424179 014242417X|
|Target Audience:||Young Adult.|
|Description:||318 pages ; 22 cm|
According to author John Green, The Fault In Our Stars was inspired by his friendship with Esther Earl, who "redefined the process of dying young for me." (December 2012 Good Reads interview, http://www.goodreads.com/interviews/show/828.John_Green). He cautions his readers not to take the novel too literally however, stating that he doesn't "want people conflating Esther with Hazel (they're very different), and it's extremely important to me that I not claim to be telling Esther's story. Esther's story belongs to Esther and to her family." (John Green's tumblr, August 2, 2012 http://fishingboatproceeds.tumblr.com/post/28557373623/everybody-was-told-to-make-a-funny-face-but-i). Esther's story is told in the 2014 posthumous memoir This Star Won't Go Out : the Life and Words of Esther Grace Earl.
WorldCat User Reviews (2)
Bittersweet and darkly humorous
I still am not sure how I made it through this achingly funny, poignant book without sobbing. Maybe because most of it really is humorous, even the tragic parts. Dark humor sometimes, true, but witty.
Hazel Grace Lancaster is sixteen years old and slowly dying of cancer when she...
- 2 of 3 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
There is a FAULT in this star
John Green is crap
I hate this book
d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd dd d d d d d d d
- 3 of 20 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Cancer in adolescence -- Juvenile fiction.
- Terminally ill -- Juvenile fiction.
- Terminally ill children -- Juvenile fiction.
- Romance fiction.
- Young women -- Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction.
- Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction.
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction.
- Sick -- Juvenile fiction.
- Physicians -- Juvenile fiction.
- Youth -- Death -- Juvenile fiction.
- Cancer -- Fiction.
- Terminally ill -- Fiction.
- Love -- Fiction.
- Terminally Ill.
- Amerikanisches Englisch.
User lists with this item (93)
- the fault in our stars(2 items)
by skin1681 updated about 2 days ago
- 201516(175 items)
by mary.rootes updated about 5 days ago
- Formerly Popular Picks Collection(131 items)
by SpragueLibrary updated about 6 days ago
- YA fiction(59 items)
by booksonthebeach updated about 2 weeks ago
- UB Leisure Reading(484 items)
by LangsdaleLibrary updated about 3 weeks ago