You are not connected to the Portland Community College Library network. Access to online content and services may require you to authenticate with your library. Remote Access
Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||xii, 290 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.|
The lives of two sisters--Nettie, a missionary in Africa, and Celie, a southern woman married to a man she hates--are revealed in a series of letters exchanged over thirty years.
Retrieving notes about this item
- African American women -- Fiction.
- Adult child sexual abuse victims -- Fiction.
- Southern States -- Fiction.
- Abused wives -- Fiction.
- Sisters -- Fiction.
- Domestic fiction.
- Noires américaines -- Romans.
- Abused wives -- Fiction
- Adult child sexual abuse victims -- Fiction
- African American women -- Fiction
- Domestic fiction
- Epistolary fiction
- Sisters -- Fiction
- Southern States -- Fiction
User lists with this item (10)
- I've read(408 items)
by lisadriver updated about 15 hours ago
- African-American Authors(25 items)
by laubersh updated 2013-02-07
- Pulitzer Prize for Fiction(72 items)
by dordtlibrary updated about 2 weeks ago
- Things to Check Out(3 items)
by chopelasb updated 2012-11-01
- Banned Books(55 items)
by mulbr2 updated 2012-09-18