Find a copy in the library
Find it in libraries globally
|Material Type:||Fiction, Secondary (senior high) school, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Awards:||Man Booker Prize, 2006, considered|
|Description:||215 pages ; 21 cm|
|Other Titles:||Boy in the striped pyjamas|
|Responsibility:||by John Boyne.|
"Berlin 1942. When Bruno returns home from school one day, he discovers that his belongings are being packed in crates. His father has received a promotion and the family must move from their home to a new house far far away, where there is no one to play with and nothing to do. A tall fence running alongside stretches as far as the eye can see and cuts him off from the strange people he can see in the distance. But Bruno longs to be an explorer and decides that there must be more to this desolate new place than meets the eye. While exploring his new environment, he meets another boy whose life and circumstances are very different from his own, and their meeting results in a friendship that has devastating consequences."--Publisher's description.
- Auschwitz (Concentration camp) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Friendship -- Fiction.
- Auschwitz (Concentration camp) -- Fiction.
- Concentration camps -- Poland -- Fiction.
- Nazis -- Fiction.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Fiction.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Jews -- Fiction.
- Auschwitz (Concentration camp)
- Auschwitz -- Konzentrationslager.
- Deutscher Junge.
User lists with this item (24)
- Stories of WWII(33 items)
by eshotick updated 2016-08-11
- War Stories: The Holocaust(23 items)
by christopher27131 updated 2016-06-11
- UNO-YA Historical Fiction(74 items)
by UNO-YA updated 2016-05-31
- TBT8(499 items)
by TBTzlibrary updated 2015-10-18
- Books and Movies(102 items)
by laurabaas updated 2015-01-23