Find a copy in the library
Find it in libraries globally
|Genre/Form:||Young adult fiction
|Material Type:||Fiction, Secondary (senior high) school|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Sherman Alexie; Ellen Forney
|ISBN:||0316013684 9780316013680 142876450X 9781428764507|
|Awards:||A Junior Library Guild selection.
Odyssey Award, 2009.
Notable Book for a Global Society award winner, 2008
|Description:||230 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.|
|Contents:||The black eye of the month club --
Why chicken means so much to me --
Revenge is my middle name --
Because geometry is not a country somewhere near France --
Hope against hope --
Go means go --
Rowdy sings the blues --
How to fight monsters --
Grandmother gives me some advice --
Tears of a clown --
Slouching toward Thanksgiving --
My sister sends me an E-mail --
Hunder pains --
Rowdy gives me advice about love --
Dance, dance, dance --
Don't trust your computer --
My sister sends me a letter --
Reindeer games --
And a partridge in a pear tree --
Red versus white --
Valentine heart --
In like a lion --
Rowdy and I have a long and serious discussion about basketball --
Because Russian guys are not always geniuses --
My final freshman year report card --
Talking about turtles --
Discussion guide --
Interview with Ellen Forney.
|Responsibility:||by Sherman Alexie ; art by Ellen Forney.|
WorldCat User Reviews (2)
If he can do it, what have I got to complain about?
I'm actually tempted to add this to my "biography" shelf as well because this story is so close to how Sherman Alexie described his own life when I heard him speak a few years ago at the PLA conference in Seattle. It's a funny, poignant book about a Spokane Indian teenager who decides to buck...
- 1 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
Washington Reads (Summer 2008) Selection
Alexie’s first novel for young adults is a coming-of-age novel that will make you laugh while it breaks your heart. With wit and humor, it chronicles Junior’s attempts to rise above the expectations people have for him, in Wellpinit and Reardon, Sherman’s hometowns. Already...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Spokane Indians -- Juvenile fiction.
- Indians of North America -- Washington (State) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Indian reservations -- Washington (State) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Washington (State) -- Race relations -- Juvenile fiction.
- Spokane Indians -- Fiction.
- Indians of North America -- Washington (State) -- Fiction.
- Indian reservations -- Fiction.
- Race relations -- Fiction.
- Diaries -- Fiction.
User lists with this item (99)
- VCFA Packet 1.4(11 items)
by cdishon updated about 3 weeks ago
- Things to Check Out(114 items)
by lkrier updated about 5 days ago
- Recently Read(19 items)
by mycousino updated 2013-03-22
- Young Adult Literature(10 items)
by RowenaDBurke updated 2013-03-18
- Realistic Fic I enjoyed for YA and Juvie(28 items)
by megalibrarygirl updated about 3 weeks ago